Pages

Monday 18 May 2015

Decorate your own cup/mugs


Hello there,
 
 Today's crafts were to make two gifts for family members .

 One of them loves "Minions" so I found the perfect cutting file in a group on Facebook called "Silhouette creations" , after downloading the file into my silhouette software and scaling to the size I wanted for the mug i then added some text and went about finding all the correct colours of vinyl that I had and needed to use . The vinyl I used for this was Oracle 651 .
I haven't done much layering before with vinyl so I'm glad this was only a small scale project as I found it quite tricky to match the pieces up before they stuck to each other .

Here is the finished product and I'm quite pleased with the result. 



The other mug I love and is quite amusing (depending on your sense of humor) , so I even made one of these for myself as It was one of them day's where everything goes wrong lol. 


The vinyl has adhered really well to the mugs , they were left for a couple of days before using but have been used daily since.  
I have been hand washing mine to be safe as i read that Oracle  651 can't be used in the dish washer but last night it was accidentally put through the dish washer on a hot wash  and luckily the vinyl hasn't been affected .







No comments:

Post a Comment