Pages

Wednesday 8 January 2014

Coffee stain art

This is something I tried last year.

The picture is of my boxer dog - she is such a character and even though she looks "moody" she is always bouncy and full of fun.

First thing is to make a black coffee , the stronger the coffee the darker the colour you can add more coffee granules later if it isn't dark enough. Let it cool down until cold. 

I took a photo I had and drew the outline and features I wanted onto the plywood with a pencil. 
With my pyrography pen I went around the outline again and burnt it onto the wood. 
After this is done paint in the details you want stained with a paintbrush and your coffee. Start with the lighter areas and allow to dry. For the darker sections I either re-painted or made the coffee stronger 

And this was the result 



The strip across her eyes is to with my camera not the actual picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment