Pages

Tuesday 7 January 2014

Knit a lovely chunky scarf

Here is a chunky scarf I recently knitted.
You can sew the ends to make a cowl and also cast on as many stitches as you like but I did 24 for myself.

What you need :

10mm uk needles
Bulky / chunky yarn 200g (I didn't use the whole ball and just knitted to the length I wanted) 

Pattern :

cast on 24sts 
Row 1 ) "K1 , yrn over, P1 yrn over "  continue this across until end of row
Row 2). K the knit sts and P the purl sts but drop all the yrn overs across the row .

Continue these rows to the length you want and cast off. For a cowl sew the cast on edges together.

Or for another alternative pattern you could :

Cast on 24sts
Row 1 ) " K1 , yrn over , K1 yrn over" - repeat across sts
Row 2). "P1, drop yrn over , P1, drop yrn over" - repeat across sts 



No comments:

Post a Comment