Pages

Friday 24 January 2014

I-pad stand made on scroll saw

I use my ipad for just about everything , reading books , accounts , as a receipe book when baking etc etc . I was looking for a stand which would be practical especially when baking so it wasn't just sitting on my work top along with the flour and the rest of the mess I tend to make. 

All the ones I came across were plastic and quite ugly in my opinion as I also wanted something that looked good sitting on the work unit when the I-pad wasn't on it.  

I happened to stumble across a pattern for a wooden I-pod stand which looked pretty easy to make so I decided to adapt it to make a bigger version so the I-pad fitted nicely on it. 

Luckily I had some lovely pine sheets of wood left from a previous project so I decided I would use that and then when it is all finished I would stain it and varnish. 

It wasn't quite as easy as it looked and the detail I chose to scroll out in the centre took hours ! (I have a pinned blade scroll saw so anyone that knows what that is will know I had to keep taking the blade out and then tighten back up for each section that is cut out ).

I am very pleased with the end result after all the time it took and is perfect for my kitchen , I have had quite a few compliments on it too when family & friends have seen it sitting proudly on the work top (some don't believe I actually made it either because of the detail so I will take that as a compliment too :)   )

FRONT VIEW







SIDE & BACK VIEW



HOLDING My I-PAD 

My ipad on the holder with my favorite internet page (Pinterest of course) .

Sorry the pictures aren't fantastic but my camera on my phone is having a weird morning and keeps playing up ! 



No comments:

Post a Comment